Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Month 34



Christmas. It truly is the MOST wonderful time of the year. I really couldn't tell you my favorite part. I love everything from decorating the tree and hanging stockings to making handprint reindeer and singing the Hippo song. You know the song. Really, it can be sung all year as I'm insisting on doing, even as we enter March. Because when WOULDN'T one want a hippo, am I right?? I'm really digging this Santa guy too. You may remember, in years past, I was a little bit terrified. I mean seriously, he's big and fat, wears a heinous outfit, and let's face it...the guy smells like liquor. BUT I'm starting to get past all that superficiality and focus on what matters, what's on the inside. That being, the dude brings presents. He brought SO much loot that normally we'd have to get a second mortgage to pay for it all, but with Santa it's all free, free, FREEEEEEE!! All I have to do is promise to be good ALL year. Or at least for a few days leading up to Christmas. I had a blast getting ready on Christmas Eve for Santa to come. My guncles came down and we made cookies for Santa, I tossed reindeer food in the yard, and all the adults drank "special" egg nog. Boy were they having FUN! That must have been some DEEEElicious egg nog! On Christmas morning I was completely overwhelmed by the amazing display of toys. I didn't even know where to start. I must have been REALLY good. I have to say though, baby brother must not have been a very good boy because his Christmas kind of sucked. He'll have to do better this year. Hope you enjoy the pics!


Only slightly peeved to be wearing a dorky Santa-esque hat

Mommy's lil stocking stuffer
We're pretty cute, huh?
Baby brother loves to snuggle
Carefully setting out milk for Santa
Look at ALL my goodies. If you look to the bottom right corner you can see the evidence that Jack was on the naughty list. His present stack included diapers, an outfit, and the very definition of a lame gift: a pair of socks. A pair of very CHRISTMASY socks that I have the sneaking suspicion SOMEONE was supposed to give to baby brother BEFORE Christmas but perhaps forgot them...maybe in the bottom of a Target bag or something...I'm just sayin'
I've had my eye on this mermaid at Learning Express for quite sometime. Santa must have decided to overlook the fact that I pitched a fit everytime I had to leave the store without it!
Dora tunnel...for exploring.

Every girl needs a hot pink ride!
I LOVE princesses!
Costume change #3


Who DOESN'T love ladybug gloves?!
Test Drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment