Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Month 36

Be careful when you blink because when you open your eyes, I will have gone from THIS little baby...


to THIS big girl.
That's right, I reached the big 0-3. I had a week o' celebrations. The highlight being a party fit for princesses. Literally. Only princesses allowed. We all wore beautiful princess dresses, got our hair and makeup done, put on a princess performance, ate cake, and I opened presents. Not unlike what happens on a daily basis at home, but it's much more fun when you can make your parents pay a lot of money for the privilege of pampering you. My party was a few days before my birthday so on my birthday I got to celebrate AGAIN. Because that's just how I roll. One party is definitely not enough! When I woke up on my birthday morning, the birthday fairy had been IN MY ROOM! She dropped off a HUGE bunch of balloons right there in my room. She even knew how much I liked princesses. Then when I came downstairs, I got to eat cake for breakfast! I didn't even have to eat my usual "healthy" breakfast of cinnamon toast or waffles first. JUST CAKE. After that, I went to school where I had ANOTHER party with my friends at school. My mommy and Nana brought cupcakes and my teacher told the class a story all about how I was born. I have my own birth story. Not unlike the story of Baby Jesus. I'm just sayin'...

That night I opened MORE presents and had even MORE cake. It's good to be me.

Look what the birthday fairy dropped off
I
I couldn't BELIEVE she knew to get me a princess balloon!
Happy 3 years to me baby Jack!
My doggie birthday cake. Because nothing says "CELEBRATE" quite like lighting an animal on fire...
If I had to guess, I'd say the birthday fairy went last minute in the wee hours of the night to look for a birthday cake and all the grocery had was this weird doggy cake...but that's just a guess

Getting fitted for my birthday crown
Sitting with Mrs. Ivey while we tell my birth story to my royal subjects
Cookie Monster cupcakes and princess plates
Nana and Baby Jack came too. He was thrilled.
Riding my pony from Uncle Charlie and Uncle Denny
Never, and I mean NEVER, tick off a princess. This look could melt steel

Getting ready for my princess party
Practicing my royal wave
Grandma and Granddad came too
Getting my hair and makeup did
People think being a princess is all fun and games when, in fact, it's harder than it looks

Gloss touch up
Now that's a lot of princesses!
Me: " Do you KNOW how much power we have?"
Scarlett: "I know girl. I know."
Princesses get their groove on.
We got to watch ourselves on TV. And I'm ALL about watching ME...as you should be too!
Holding hands with fellow Princess Ella
Waiting for our debut
Kisses for the crowd
Adjusting the tiara
And the best part...I even said "Thank you for my party." Now that's a REAL princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment